Theresa has been coaching people for over 45 years. For the last 20 years, she has incorporated the Human Design System as a primary tool for empowering others. Some comments from Theresa’s clients:
· “What I have found in Human Design is a discipline that satisfies the spirit and quiets the mind. My guide in this journey has been Theresa Blanding. She makes your Design come alive and relevant to your movement through life with her gift of being able to zero in on exactly where you are and without judgment or evaluation.” —S.A.
· “My work with Theresa, both professionally and personally, has given me insights into myself as an individual and as part of a community. She helps me to open new ways of seeing, and with that new vision, the world around me and the world at large make more sense. I begin to "wear" life as if it were my most comfortable clothes.” —V.W.
· “Working with Theresa invites an exploration of who you are. Because of her capability of seeing who people really are, she allows that to exist as if it’s real. It’s very freeing to have someone allow this and having the opportunity on an ongoing basis to explore your Self.” —O.S.
· “Today's session was incredibly enlightening and helpful. You rock!” —B.N.
Theresa has been an educator and teacher for more than 15 years at the university and technical school level. She has been a certified International Human Design teacher since 2001. Comments from Theresa’s students:
· “Human Design is a fascinating synthesis of many ancient teachings. When I first met Theresa, it was obvious that she had studied it for some time. She has a peace about her that comes from really “living her design.” I wanted to find that degree of self-acceptance and grace, so I decided to take some of her classes. What I like most is the one-to-one interaction. Theresa patiently answers my questions and explains things so I understand Theresa shares her knowledge with humor and reverence, yet she always stresses that while the information is fascinating, the payoff comes from really living/experimenting with the information. There is relief that comes from being who you are and functioning with your unique design. It is palpable. With that relief, comes ease. If you’ve ever been even slightly curious about how to be the best “you,” or what your purpose is, I highly recommend you take a class with Theresa; I promise it will be profound.” —L.A.
· "Theresa weaves complex and compounding information with humor and common sense into an exceptionally cohesive and comprehensible learning experience. Her years of Human Design experience show in her graceful command of all texts and charts. I am so grateful to have learned from the woman who wrote the book!" —L.C.
Theresa has an eclectic background, where she has spent more than thirty five years managing, educating, and studying people with a focus on authenticity. Early in life, she realized that her education needed to synthesize various disciplines. Thus, she received a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Design and Economic Evaluation and a Masters’ degree in Telecommunications, both interdisciplinary programs. Years in the corporate world, as a Technical Director at NBI and US West, were followed with a stint in the academic arena, as an Associate Professor of Computer Sciences at Regis University and the Dean of Continuing Education at Naropa University. To round things out, she added non-profit experience as the Executive Director of the Rolf Institute. From the more esoteric side of things, she studied the Arica method and ennegram with Oscar Ichazo for twenty years and Tai Chi Chuan with Jane and Batan Faigo, senior students of Professor Cheng Man-ch'ing for several years.